BSG Articles (192)
In 2006 both the Oxford English and Merriam-Webster dictionaries added the verb “google” to their pages. Though Google itself resists the public’s broad use of the term to dissuade them from genericizing its trademark, it’s difficult to believe the company didn’t feel just a touch of pride. After all, it achieved this landmark less than a decade after Google.com was first registered as a domain. Co-founded by Sergey Brin and Larry Page in September 1997, Google began as an outgrowth of the same Stanford servers that had hosted the duo’s first search engine, BackRub, in 1995.View items...
How To Overcome Top FearsWhat are you afraid of? No, not you personally, but your business. You may not be a wimp, but the truth is, everyone is afraid of something. In business, especially today, chances are when you get to the root of your fear, you start discovering what’s holding you and your business back. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich, poor, successful, unsuccessful, famous or not famous, fear is a problem for everyone. The five greatest fears of professional business people are: (more…)
What the heck is this?Yes, every time you turn around there seems to be yet another indecipherable, highfalutin’ tech term language or sophisticated set of algorithm runes that simply flummoxes you. At the same time, it is rather frightening how some new number crushing computer flashes up with high percentage predictions on what makes humans do what they do…and how to make them do what we want them to do. (more…)
Congratulations! After a great deal of time and effort you have designed an incredible, great tasting, deeply satisfying craft beer. Everyone will love it.Yes, it is a small number overall, but 6.6% of the total US beer market by volume happened to be from craft brewers last year…good news! And even with all of this growth, there’s a huge market share out there to tap into. The other 93.4% of beer drinkers (and even non-beer drinkers) are where you will find your new growth. Educating the non-craft beer drinkers on the shocking wonderfulness of a more robust beer is the way that you will gain a foothold and can continue to get more people transitioned over. (more…)
BSG Wants Your Business to Succeed, Which Means Creating Quality Content!
Although some will fill the page with pictures, internet insiders will always tell you that “content is king.” So, how do you create that killer content that will bring them in and hold them on your site? Here are 5 steps to achieving that goal:(more…)
Yes, You Need Mobile Website Optimization…NOW.Yes, you have a fabulous website. It is grandly interactive, possesses stunning graphics, lots of informative links. It stretches panoramically across your desktop space. But how does it look and function in the palm of your hand? (more…)
Why You Need to Hire a Professional Web DesignerThere are any number of reasons you really should pursue a professional to build your site. For brevity, Blue Sand Group will offer four compelling reasons here. Look anywhere and everywhere. There are numerous free Web-hosting services, even ones with free templates you can use to build your website. Yes, you can build a quickie website in a few minutes without any cash outlay. The problem is that your website, and your reputation, look exactly like that — a cheap, slap-dash effort that lends no confidence in you or your business. (more…)
Live Video Streaming: Is it good for your business?Video live streams have been around for a while, and YouTube has enabled just about any user to host a live stream of their own for a while now. However, when Periscope and Meerkat were both released earlier this year, they really took off and connected with users in a way that the other services had not. And they're easy to use, because anyone who downloads their respective apps can stream video to anyone else who also has the app. (more…)
YouTube cards work in a very straightforward manner. You can apply the card to one specific video, after selecting from one of the available card types. The cards most relevant to businesses are probably the associated website card and the video and playlist card. Clicking on these cards will lead the viewer to the website associated with the video or to other relevant videos, respectively.